Thursday, January 1, 2015

Onwards and Upwards

I've already posted a 2014 reflection but I feel I still have a few things to put to bed. 

Yesterday a friend phoned to inform me that the Lobster was pregnant with married girl (last I heard her divorce hadn't even been finalised). It was a little shocking to say the least and I kind of just felt numb. 
I didn't really know what to do or say so I opened a bottle of Prosecco before midday still in my pyjamas with my best friend (not to celebrate but because it's my favourite drink). We sat, we talked, we analysed. 
I took a shower and tried to cry but I couldn't. 

How are you meant to feel in this situation? I don't know. 

The fact is I don't know that person anymore, it doesn't mean anything to me. I did have some lovely memories but they became tarnished when we fell out. 

It is not going to have any effect on my life what so ever. I've distanced myself from that crowd and I'm leaving for my adventure soon. 

But kids though? I know I'm nearly 26 but having a baby is the last thing on my list right now and if I was going to do it I would like it to be with the person I am married to (not the one I met on my hen do and am currently shacked up with whilst divorcing my husband whom I was married to for 3 months if that). 

I've seen first hand how much having kids can change your life and it has put me off for a good few years. Many of my friends feel the same but then some of the people I know from my home town have a different outlook on life. They don't seem to have much going on so have a baby. 
Bringing another person into the world does not secure a relationship or make a man love you anymore someone told me and I believe it to be true. I've seen it happen, men cheating whilst they have a family at home. 

There are so many things I want to see and do before I ever settle down and that's what I intend to go and do. I no longer want to focus on the past, the hurt or the people associated with that time in my life. 
I know who the shit stirrers are and the ones who keep watching what I do but I also know who my real friends are and that's all that matters. 
As much as it's been an on-going topic full of unbelievable circumstances (you honestly couldn't make this shit up) regarding the lobster it is now in the past and as much as I have learned from it and how it has shaped me as a person it has no meaning to my current life so will no longer be mentioned. 

Happy New Year xoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment